|Availability:||In stock (8)|
• This product listing contains important and helpful information - please read it
2022 October: These are sold as tapped for 1/8"-27 NPT
Suits: 70HD, 80 & 100 Series Land Cruisers with automatic transmissions
• HZJ73, HZJ74, HZJ76, HZJ77, HDJ80, HDJ81, HZJ80, HZJ81, HDJ100, HDJ101, HDJ105
• FZJ80,FZJ100, FZJ105,
• BXD20 (Mega Cruiser)
• & a few others such as certain Coaster buses and ToyoAce models
Use this fitting when you are installing your own DIY temperature gauge to your transmission.
This fitting replaces the stock transmission cooler fitting that is located on the right side of the transmission.
The old fitting can be a real pain to remove in some instances which may lead to bashed knuckles and may require the use of foul language; be prepared for this. Using a good quality Crow's foot wrench can really help.
Note 1: Tapping these fittings straight can be challenging, be sure to take your time when starting out. The fittings are now tapped for 1/8-27 NPT. A number of clients mentioned that it was really tricky to tap these fittings properly, and some were having to order more than one to get it right. I purchased the necessary (expensive!) machine tools to tap them straight, which takes a little more time to do, but is SO worth it.
Note 2: You may have to custom adjust the depth of my tapping to suit your specific fitting using your own 1/8-27 NPT tap.
Note 3: If you want an un-drilled fitting, please let me know by email or a message when you order. The default is to only ship a tapped fitting.
Note 4: If you are fitting a transmission temperature sensor into this fitting, make 100% sure the sender does not obstruct fluid flow. Often this means you must use a short sender and that usually also means a short sweep gauge. In the future (sometime in 2023), I may offer an elongated fitting to allow use of a long sensor... but that's a ways out right now.
suggested sensor style (I will add others in the future):
• AutoMeter #2259
Suggested Temperature Ranges:
• 120 - 230*F = normal
• 230 - 265*F = Warm
• 265 - 300*F = Hot
• The product photo image of the gauges was clipped from Wholesale Automatics Trans Temp sensor guide located at: Wholesale Automatics Tech Support
• If you would like to purchase a gauge kit, or want an upgraded transmission, then Wholesale Automatics is the place to go.
90407-20006 Part is Locally Modified by RADD Cruisers
Toyota - Japan
2022 07 27